With temperatures and moisture rising daily in the summer months, mold will grow and appear more often. Staying safe and knowing what to do when this happens is a legitimate concern. Do you clean it yourself, do you call an expert?
Although mold can have an adverse health effect on anyone it’s very important to make sure you keep your children, elderly peoples, and pets away from the area without proper safety gear! They’re much more likely to get sick from being exposed to mold spores. Family is important, let the professionals take proper care of the situation to restore your house back to safety. If the mold isn’t harmful and you’re confident in handling it yourself, the next thing you should do is remove any affected areas such as drywall, carpeting, rotted wood floors etc.
Finding the Source
If you can see or smell mold, that usually means the situation is worse than it may appear. Sometimes a little ammonia mix can help fight certain molds. But, be careful because this can create toxic fumes that can do more damage to your immune system and lungs! That’s why calling in professionals who specialize in mold remediation and removal is your best bet. Having things such as a humidifier or ventilating fans can help limit mold growth throughout the moisture in the air.
Sealing off the Contaminated Area
Do not wait to seal off the contaminated area because once mold is growing, it can spread at an unbelievably fast rate. Once you have gotten rid of the contaminated matter the best you can, seal off the room with plastic sheets or ventilation tape if necessary. You’ll want to block doors, vents, and other openings to ensure that the mold spores can’t move throughout the house.
Be careful when the cleaning process is completed because mold spores can still be present. Having a HEPA Vacuum is not important, it is necessary to get rid of mold spores permanently. This vacuum helps get rid of the remaining spores. Make sure to clean all clothes and materials separately from the rest of your laundry. Although most mold is harmless and can be cleaned by yourself, it’s always a good idea to be safe can call a professional.